- This event has passed.
MCAI Combined Project Manager and Foreman Training Day 5
May 14 @ 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
DAY 5 – ALL DAY – May 14, 2019
Contracts: Using the Contract as a Tool for Project Management
Gain a basic understanding of contract types and components and learn how to use the contract to maximize profitability while managing a mechanical construction project. Learn skills to help you know what the contract says and how to organize and manage the project accordingly.
An active presentation and class discussion will answer the following questions:
- Why should a project manager see, read, understand, and use their contract on every project?
- What should a foreman know about the contract? Why is this important?
- What is the proper method for reading and learning a project’s contract?
- What is “contractual privity” and how does it affect the project chain of command?
- What types of contracts do mechanical contractor enter into?
- How are government contracts and private contracts different?
- Why is it important to manage government contracts and private projects differently?
- What is a “flow through” clause?
- Why is it important to see the general contractors’ contract with the owner?
- What is “incorporation by reference”?
- What is a “liquidated damages” clause?
- What are “payment contingency” clauses?
- What do contracts say about time and schedules?
- What do contracts say about change order management?
- What do contracts say about “contractor engineering liability” and drawing errors and omissions?
What do contracts say about coordination and coordination responsibilities?